APPOINTMENT OF FEDERAL MINISTERS AND OATH OF OFFICE ORDER, 1999
Order No. 7 of 1999
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part 1, 30th October 1999]
No. 2- 14/99- Min. I, dated 30-10-99
In pursuance of the Proclamation of
the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution
Order No. l of 1999, and in exercise of all other powers enabling him in
that behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is
pleased to make and promulgate the following Order to appoint Federal
Ministers, hereinafter referred to as the Cabinet:
- This Order may be called appointment of Federal Ministers and Oath of
Office Order (Order No. 7 of 1999).
- It shall come into force at once.
- There shall be a Cabinet with the Chief Executive as its head. A member
of the Cabinet shall be appointed by the President, on the advice of the
Chief Executive. The Cabinet shall aid and advise the Chief Executive in the
exercise of his functions.
- The Federal Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Chief
- The Cabinet may be called by the Chief Executive to meet at such time and
place as he may deem fit and shall be presided over by the Chief Executive.
- The decisions of the Cabinet shall be enforced in the manner as may be
directed by the Chief Executive.
- The Chief Executive may, in his discretion substitute, change or add any
- The Chief Executive may, determine the terms and condition, salary,
allowances and privileges of the Federal Ministers.
- A Federal Minister may, by writing under his hand, addressed to the
President, resign his office.
- Before entering upon office, a Federal Minister shall make before the
President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Oath in the form set out in
the schedule to this Order.
- The Existing rules for the allocation and transaction of the business of
the Federal Government shall remain in force subject to the Provisional
Constitution Order No. 1of 1999 and any amendment, modification or
alteration made therein by the Chief Executive from time to time.
- In the existing rules, for the allocation and transaction of the
business of the Federal Government, where ever the words " Prime Minister"
occur the same shall be deemed substantiated by the word "Chief Executive".
(See Article 10)
I, ______________ do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan.
As a Federal Minister, I will discharge my duties, and perform my functions, honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with the orders issued by the Chief Executive from time to time and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of Pakistan.
That I will abide by the proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999 and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999 issued by the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, Chief of Army Staff and the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the Fourteenth day of October, 1999 and all subsequent Orders issued by him.
That I will strive to preserve the Islamic Ideology, which is the basis for the creation of Pakistan.
That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decision or advice so tendered:
That, in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to Law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will:
And that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as Federal Minister except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as a Member of the Cabinet.
May Allah Almighty help and guide me (Ameen).
Thanks to Mr Abdul Hameed Cheema <firstname.lastname@example.org> for text.