POWER AND FUNCTIONS OF THE GOVERNORS ORDER 1999
Order No. 5 of 1999
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, part I, 30th October, 1999]
No. 2-25/99/Min.II, dated 30-10-1999.
In pursuance of the Proclamation of
the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order
No. 1 of 1999, and in exercise of all other powers enabling him in that
behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased
to make and promulgated the following Order in respect of the powers and
functions of the Governors:-
- 1. Short Title and Commencement
- This Order may be called the Powers and Functions of the Governors Order (Order No. 5 of 1999).
- It shall come into force at once.
- 2. Powers and Functions of the Governors
- Subject to the provisions
of clause (2) of Article 3 of the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of
1999, the powers and functions of the Governor shall be the same as of a
Governor under the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan,
including the functions and powers of a Chief Minster and such other powers
and functions as may be conferred upon him by the Chief Executive.
- The Governor of the Province may, whenever he considers it necessary,
with the approval of the Chief Executive, or if so directed by the Chief
Executive, call upon the Armed forces of Pakistan for such assistance and
performance of such functions, as deemed fit.
Thanks to Mr Abdul Hameed Cheema <firstname.lastname@example.org> for text.