GOVERNORS (APPOINTMENT AND OATH OF OFFICE) ORDER, 1999
Order No. 4 of 1999
No. 2- 24/99- Min. (II), dated 23rd October, 1999
In pursuance of the Proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999 and in exercise of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Order for the appointment of Governors:--
- This Order may be called Governors (Appointment and Oath of Office) Order (Order No. 4 of 1999).
- It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the Fourteenth day of October 1999.
- There shall be a Governor for each Province to be appointed by the President, on the advice of the Chief Executive as provided in Article 3 of the Provisional Constitution Order No.1 of 1999.
- The Governor shall hold office during the pleasure of the Chief Executive and shall be entitled to such salary, allowances and privileges as the Chief Executive may determine.
- The Governor may, by writing under his hand addressed to the President resign his office.
- The Chief Executive may make such provisions as he thinks fit for the discharge of the function of a Governor.
- A Governor shall not hold any office of profit in the service of Pakistan or occupy any other position carrying the right to remuneration of the rendering of services.
- When the Governor is absent from Pakistan or is unable to perform the function of his office due to any cause, such other person, as the Chief Executive may direct shall act as Governor.
- In the performance of his functions the Governor shall act in accordance with the advice and directions of the Chief Executive.
- Before entering upon office, the Governor shall make before the Chief Justice of the High Court, Oath in the form set out in the Schedule to this order.
(See Article 10)
(In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)
I, ______________ do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and
allegiance of Pakistan.
That as Governor of the Province of the _______________ I will discharge my
duties, and perform my functions, honestly, to the best of my ability,
faithfully in accordance with the law, and always in the interest of the
sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of Pakistan.
That I will abide by the proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999
and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999 issued by the Chairman
Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, Chief of Army Staff and the Chief Executive
of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the Fourteenth day of October, 1999
and all subsequent Orders issued by him.
That I will strive to preserve the Islamic Ideology which is the basis for
the creation of Pakistan.
That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct
or my official decision.
That, in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people,
according to Law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.
And that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any
person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall
become known to me as Governor of the Province of the ____________, except
as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as a Governor.
May Allah Almighty help and guide me (Ameen).
Thanks to Mr Abdul Hameed Cheema <email@example.com> for text.